Thursday, December 3, 2009

.

Well, the last three weeks have been quite interesting!! Gunner is a pretty good baby at this point and only cries for a little while at night. We had some problems at first getting him to eat 8 to 12 times a day and quite frankly I don't remember feeding Preston that much. He would just want to sleep through some of his feedling so then it seemed like I was feeding him all day every day... But now he is on a schedule and is doing much better thankfully!
***
Preston does not like baby Gunner very much at this point and definitely doesn't want to touch him unless it is absolutely necessary. He will try to give him back his binky and kiss him on the head before bed, and that is about it.
***
My recovery after this C-section has been a complete 180 from the last one!! I stopped taking pain medication 5 days out and at this point barely notice that I had surgery three weeks ago! I am so very glad.
***
I took both kids out today for the first time and it went over without a hitch... Although it was FREEZING and made me not want to go out until maybe April....
***
I got a touch of post-partum depression for a few days after the birth and was seriously considering not having any more children.... and I couldn't figure out why I would want to do this to myself.... Am I wierd??
***
Kacey has been a saint through all of this and has taken care of my every need.. I am so grateful to have him in my life. I don't know what I would do without him!
***
I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven would trust me with another child.. Honestly, Preston is a handful. Some days lately (most days) I feel like all I do is scream at him all day and he just ignores me all day. I don't know what to do to entertain him and keep him out of trouble..And I DON'T want to be that mom that is ALWAYS screaming at her kids... Any ideas??
***
I need to start my children's blogs. Haven't gotten around to it yet.
***
Need to register for school. The question is, two classes or three?? Hmm...
***
That is all for now.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Jamie- I bet Preston is acting out because you have a new baby...from what I have heard it's pretty common for them to act out in order to get attention! Hang in there, he will adjust it just might take him a little while :) Congrats on the new baby and post pics soon!

Erin said...

Hey Jamie, I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome! I'm glad your recovery is going well from the surgery. I also wanted to let you know that Preston acting up is VERY normal for little kids right after a baby is born. Caleb was terrible with this and would hit little baby Claire or sit on her. I think kids are just trying to figure out their boundaries with you and they feel like they are being replaced. One thing that helped me with Caleb was that when Claire was taking a nap I tried to read to just Caleb and snuggle with him or me and him would build a train together or do a craft project together. It helped a ton because he got some quality time from me so he wasn't as mean to me or Claire later because he got some attention. Adjusting to two kids is HARD and don't expect to be able to do everything all at once. I think the hardest thing is that it is alot harder to go out with two kids. I still struggle with it because my kids just scream at eat other and fight in the stores but it just takes time. I'm glad you are getting some help with post partum depression. I struggled with that a little bit with both of my kids and the biggest thing that helped me was to make sure that I got ready for the day everyday. Even if I wasn't leaving my house all day I still tried to shower, get dressed, and put makeup on everyday. It helped a ton because it helps you to keep your own identity.

Good luck with everything. Sorry this was so long. I hope you guys are doing well. Merry Christmas!!

Erin P