Sunday, February 14, 2010

Groundhog day

I am ready for winter to be over. Now.
***
I NEED sunshine.
***
I NEED flip flops.
***
I NEED bermuda shorts.
***
I NEED warm summer nights.
***
I NEED weekend camping trips to Blacksmith fork.
***
I NEED to be able to take Preston to a park and let him loose without putting 6 layers of clothing on him.
***
I am having a second case of cabin fever this winter. (the first one being the first six weeks of G-man's life.)
***
And, I am beginning to feel exactly like the guy on Ground hog day.
***
Wake up. Feed Gunner. Go back to sleep. Wake up again. Feed Gunner. Feed Preston. Try to study. Feed Gunner again. Feed Preston again. Feed Gunner. Feed myself, perhaps. Put in a load of laundry. Pump. Go to school. Come home from school. Feed Gunner. Feed Gunner for the last time. Shower? Go to sleep.
***
Every Day.
***
Okay, not EVERY day. But the other days we are too exhausted to do anything. Or one of us doesn't feel like it.
***
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my life, and where it is going, and everything I have.
***
However, I am seriously going insane.
***
I have considered running away several times.
***
Just to spice things up a bit, have a change of scenery.
***
And I would even take the kids with.
***
Moral of this story is, Summer, I am ready for ya!!
***
We have got to get out of this house!!
***
( I guess I would even settle for spring!!)

4 comments:

Erin said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. When I was in school with my little kids everything was the same and now that I'm done with school everything is the exact same everyday only now I'm staring at the same walls everyday all day long. Last year it got so bad that two different times I was bawling to john that I just needed to see some sun. So we got in the car and drove until we found sun. We got to Nephi about an hour away from us and found sun, looked around for a minute and then drove back home. The second time We ended up in St. George and stayed over night. It made me feel SO MUCH BETTER to just see some clear blue skies!! You guys should just drive south and find some sun. I hope you guys are doing well!

Erin

Kody and Kurliston said...

I want summer too!!!!

John Edwin Pettingill said...

okay you are so sweet to leave me that cute comment on my blog. I really am just able to easily relate to you in what you are saying because I have been through the same situation of trying to go to school with kids and it was HARD. I just hope you know that you aren't alone if you are stressed out with it and that if I can make it through school with my two crazy kids you can too. I'm so glad we got back in touch. I always thought you were such a sweet girl and don't know why we never talked in high school. I'm glad we have grown out of weird high school and become friends again.

Erin

Kristin said...

Jamie!
Thanks for the sweet comment:) They are making my morning! I do remember you...and oh my goodness your little boys are darling. Aren't they so much fun. A hole other world I didn't even know about:) ha ha

I am adding your blog to my list...so I can check back often! I am so glad to know that somebody reads my posts:)

kris