Saturday, August 16, 2008

Grrrr.......

Ok. So I am extremely frustrated with something.... Healthcare!! Here is the story...... I recently was able to retest and renew my CNA license and I would like to get a job at a hospital. However, EVERY hospital wants you to have one year of experience in said department, like for me Labor and Delivery. So here is my question/frustration: How am I supposed to get any experience if you have to have experience to begin with??? I have a year of experience at a long-term care facility, isn't that good enough?? SO if anyone has any suggestions of how I could get experience or other grains of wisdom, do share. Thanks!!

2 comments:

US! said...

Work for a staffing agency. You will get staffed to hospitals and then have a greater chance at hiring on to a hospital. HOWEVER agency's don't staff to labor and delivery unless you have experience either. Kinda sucks.

Rylee said...

that is so frustrating!!! I hope it all works out for ya! oh and we blog too it's ryleeoliverbrown.blogspot.com