Saturday, May 2, 2009

California Trip!!!

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

We headed to California this past week to celebrate my 25th birthday and Kacey and I's 5th anniversary. It was nice to get away for a few days, but next time if we go that far we will definitely fly and stay in a hotel......:)

We started off by going to this fun interactive children's museum in Pasadena. It is SO BEAUTIFUL there!! I love the weather and greenery in Cali, but I DESPISE the traffic.....

Preston playing in the water at the museum















Of course he had to make his own car noises!!!





Mini climbing wall


We spotted what I thought was a carnival while driving home on the freeway one night and so we told my sister we wanted to go there. What we didn't know was that it was basically like a little Lagoon! So we opted to do the mini-golfing instead!

Us mini-golfing



Heather, Lindsey, and I after mini golfing



One of the last days we were there we went to Laguna Beach. It was way fun!! It was a bit cold that day, though. I wish someone would have told me beforehand that the water there is ALWAYS COLD!! It was freezing! Preston had more fun playing in the sand, of course. He was a little scared of the water after it knocked him over one time.





My niece Taylor


Boys will be boys....




My two main men...


Such a cutie


Kacey trying NOT to drown



Our family...(Yes, we were the WHITEST people there!!)



The mess that Preston left us in the backseat



3 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Oh my gosh Jamie, you've been busy blogging! Yay! I love the pictures of your trip and am so glad you had so much fun. Your little Preston is such a cutie pie. I would hug on him all day long if I were you. I especially loved the picture of you and Lindsey and Heather. What babes! I can't believe you're 25! Happy Birthday. I loved watching ALL the little cousins come along (yay for me for being the oldest one), but I have to admit that your branch of the family made the cutest babies.. with all the fat and scare hair. You were all adorable. And now look at you all, having your own cute families. What fun.

Kody and Kurliston said...

I love all the updates! Fun pictures!

Trujillo family said...

What a fun vacation! I am sure it was nice to get away for a couple days.