Monday, November 2, 2009

Life, currently.....

Here are my jumbled thoughts for the day.....
***

*Here is my and my boy at 37 weeks..... We are counting down the days until he gets here(12)!! I am excited and also terrified to have another c-section... After all, it is major surgery and I didn't have a great recovery last time. Hopefully, I will be able to remember the first month of Gunner's life and it won't just be a fog.....
***
*I am feeling very grateful for such supportive family and friends that seem just as excited as me for the new man to come into our lives! Thank you! It is kind of bitter-sweet that my pregnancy is almost over. On the one hand, I am SO excited to meet him, see what he looks like, hold him, and have Preston meet him..... On the other hand I don't know what the future holds for us and if we will have the same infertility trials that we had to get this one here. It is always on the back of my mind.
***
*I was looking through blogs the other day and found out you can print your blog into a book to keep, like a journal and scrapbook in one!! Since I suck at both, I am going to try and post once or twice a week and then print out a book for every year for us to look at. I think I will do a separate one for each of the kids, too.
***
*My mom threw me a fun baby shower a few weeks ago for family and friends that didn't get to go to Preston's shower, and it was awesome!! We are stocked with baby clothes for the winter thanks to my support system. I felt kind of stupid having ANOTHER baby shower when I already had one for Preston, but no one else seemed to care! There was good food and good company and I saw alot of people I don't get to see very often.
***
* I have been trying to find new ways to entertain Preston and do fun things at home with him and want to keep doing these things as much as possible.... such as art projects, teaching him his ABC's, and making playdough. It is very hard for me to come up with fun ideas for a three year old, so I have been relying very heavily on other people's ideas for this....i.e. other people's blogs...... I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a mother... Some days I find myself just going through the motions and not cherishing the time I have during these early years...I really want to try and be the best mom I can be and focus all my attention on my boy(s)-not always an easy task for me. Sometimes it is just easier to sit him in front of sponge-bob and surf the internet for Christmas presents, ya know? I am going to work really hard to give him all of my attention and love.
***
* NOTHING fits my poor body anymore. I basically alternate between two pairs of sweats every day that are long enough for me. That is one part of pregnancy I won't be sad to see go ....
***
* I am really excited for Thanksgiving. And for New Moon to come out. ;)

2 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

You look so freaking CUTE pregnant!!! But I'm with you: I HATED the c-section but loved the baby that came along with it :) You're such a cute mom.

Fromm's said...

OH I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO GET HIS LITTLE BOY HERE! IT WILL BE SO FUN. YOU CAN SEND PRESTON OVER ANY TIME TO PLAY WITH JAX AND GIVE YOU A LITTLE TIME WITH THE NEWBIE! AS FOR GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS.. I FEEL THE SAME WAY SOMETIMES! HE LOVES TO WATCH SHREK ON HIS TV IN HIS ROOM AND SOME DAYS COULD CARE LESS TO EVEN COME OUT OF HIS ROOM! SO I AM VERY CONSCIOUS OF TRYING TO DO THINGS WITH HIM INSTEAD OF GLUE HIM TO THE TV! WE'RE JUST MOM'S, NOT SUPERWOMEN! WE SHOULD TAKE THEM TO DO THINGS TOGETHER. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING.