Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Phew... We've been busy. Ish.

This past month has flown by!! I don't know where the time goes, honestly, because we haven't been doing all that much.We had a few birthdays in the family in January but other than that, not a whole lot. We did get a gym membership (Yipee) and I have been taking lots of classes. Most of them kick my butt. Except for one. I have found a new love and its name is YOGA. Although my body definitely wasn't built for it, I love it all the same. I went to the doctor last month and we decided to try a new fertility medication because clomid was just making me grow cysts. So, I went to pick up my FIVE pills, and the total came to 96 FREAKING DOLLARS. Yes. I about died also. I tried to see if they were diamond crusted, but no luck. But I had NO side effects while taking them, so that was a plus. I guess we will see if they did their job in the near future. On another note, Preston is getting huge and I just want to squeeze him all day because he is so cute!! He is such a joy to me and I am so grateful that we have him. Sometimes I wish he would stop growing, though. It was Kacey's 25th birthday on the 7th of February and that was fun. We went to a hunting expo down in Salt Lake and then went to dinner. Kacey just so happened to find a twenty dollar bill in the parking lot while waiting for the rest of us to come out. Lucky Birthday Boy. And Valentine's Day was fun also. Except that I went and took two tests for college in a blizzard, but other than that, it was fun. Very low-key this year. All in all, a great start to the year. I will try to find some pictures to post for the three of you people who read this blog. :)

By the way, Hillary, if you read this, I totally spaced sending you my email so I could be invited to your blog. So invite me , Please. jbraegger(at)hotmail(dot)com Ta ta for now

7 comments:

Erin said...

$96 sounds like a TON of money for 5 little pills but will feel like nothing when someday you have another little baby in your arms. Just think of it as I am paying $96 for the chance to have another baby. You could easily pay $96 on a couple pairs of pants and think nothing of it. At least your money is going towards building a family. Good luck!

Also, I forgot your were starting school. How is it going so far? Are you at Weber?

Erin P.

*karen* said...

I read your blog! :) Itsn't it sad how life is going by faster and faster as we get older! I feel like the months go by so fast too!

Kody and Kurliston said...

You are so funny! And I think that more than 3 people read your blog! Love you!

the hipps said...

Jamie, HI! Thanks for saying hi on our blog, I'm so glad you did. Looks like you guys are living the crazy life as parents, good luck with your new pills. It's way good to hear from you, I hope you guys are doing great!!!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Jamie, now FIVE people read your blog!!!! I'm heeeerrrrrreeee.... and I love it :) -Gretchen

sandtreasures said...

The whole fertility thing stinks! Have you ever tried FEMARA(I don't know if I spelled that right.) What I've learned after 10 years and two little girls...is to be patient (easy to say and hard to do) and they will come when it is RIGHT. Good luck with everything!!!

sandtreasures said...

I have taken Femara...and clomid...but my two girls both came when we stopped "trying soooo hard." They are both Miracles!!! There is a book that I love it's call..."When your prayers seem unaswered" by Brother Wilcox. I know it seems that way...many unaswered prayers!! But now looking back I can see the blessings of waiting and struggling to get both my girls here. I have a strong testimony of this...that Heavenly Father gives us what we need NOT what we want. Sometimes those two things are the same...but most the time they are very different. Through my struggles with infertility I learned how precious my girls really are. I totally value my opportunity to be a mother, and I am able to find great joy in all the simple moments I have with each of them...without my struggles I don't think I would have this same perspective. This perspective I have is a huge blessing that I wouldn't have been able to gain ANY OTHER WAY!
Be patient...again easy to say but hard to do! Read that book (it's only about 40 pages), Drink a glass of milk each day (not low fat!), Cut back on carbs, take a vacation, try acupuncture, think positive thoughts (like I can get pregnant, not I bet I'm not pregnant again this month)...but when it really comes down to it REMEMBER regarless of how hard you try it will only happen when it is right...so "find joy in the journey!" And Good Luck!