Friday, January 14, 2011

Uncle Gordy

I didn't know him anymore. I hadn't seen him in years. Ever since my Grandma died, he had disappeared off the face of the earth, with only an occasional spotting of his Bronco around town. And yet, when his life was taken in a horrific car accident, my heart was sad. I was disturbed about the way he had died. No one should pass away like this.I felt like he was all alone. I was sad that I didn't get to know him. That I never really knew all of the things he had been through in his life. That he never really tried to know his family, children, or grandchildren. I felt like he was robbed. He never got to know how great his kids are. And they really are. I never got to know his kids very well, but even with the very limited time I have spent with them, I love them. They are such incredible people. I feel proud to call them my cousins. And he didn't see that here on earth. It makes me sad. Would he have turned his life around and tried to be a father, had he not died? I don't know. Sadly, I doubt it. But it still makes me sad.

Gordon Gayle Tingey
Gordon Gayle Tingey, 60 passed away Saturday, September 4, 2010 from injuries sustained in an accident. Gordon was born May 17, 1950 in Brigham City, UT a son of Gayle Korth and Opal Nicholas Tingey. Gordon served his country in the Army. He was an avid outdoorsman; he loved hunting, camping and fishing.



0 comments: